You with People
Our vision is to be Australia’s leading personal transport business, the first choice for Passengers, the preferred network for Drivers, the desired payment partner for industry participants and the employer of choice in the personal transport sector.
Cabcharge is investing to fulfill this vision and our overarching purpose of Connecting You with People and Places. We are determined to capture opportunities in the personal transport market and provide leading service and customer experience.
In our changing industry there is considerable scope for growth. We start from a position of strength and experience and are focused on leveraging our unique capabilities to build on our sustainable competitive advantage.
1) Taxi Networks
Cabcharge is the largest taxi booking and dispatch service provider in Australia. With an emphasis on delivering quality services and technological innovation, Cabcharge provides leading Taxi Network services to Taxi Operators and Drivers, including taxi booking services, full taxi fit-outs and repairs, vehicle financing and insurance, and Driver training and education. There are almost 7,500 taxis in the Cabcharge network that operate in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Newcastle, regional Victoria and the Northern Territory.
Cabcharge facilitates non-cash payments in taxis via our electronic terminals. Our payments business has been operating successfully for 40 years, and remains at the forefront of cashless payment technology through continuous improvement and innovation. Cabcharge offers Passengers a convenient, fast and secure method for fare payments via a range of payment options.
Cabcharge holds a 49% investment in ComfortDelGro Cabcharge Pty Ltd (CDC), Australia’s largest private bus operator. CDC provides route, school and charter bus services in Sydney, the Hunter Valley, Blue Mountains and Queanbeyan in New South Wales, and in Melbourne, Geelong and Ballarat in Victoria. Cabcharge also holds a 49% interest in CityFleet UK, a provider of account, booking and dispatch services for taxis and private hire vehicles in London, Liverpool, Edinburgh and Aberdeen, and coach services in London.
We have made significant progress on our strategic priorities
Restructured workforce, consolidated contact centres and standardised dispatch and phone systems
COMMITTING TO A KEY BRAND
Rebranding of Newcastle Taxis to 13CABS, with operations in Adelaide, Melbourne and Newcastle now aligned under common branding
Marketing campaigns undertaken to increase brand recognition
LINKING BOOKINGS + PAYMENTS
Bookings linked to payments through our apps as well as through payment services for some of our Merchant Partners
SUPPORTING OUR MERCHANT PARTNERS
Installed FAREWAYplus and updated pinpad in over 18,000 taxis in Australia, supporting a better payment experience for Drivers and Passengers
LOOKING AFTER OUR CUSTOMERS
Drivers can now call Passengers on approach, enhancing certainty of service for Passengers
Improvement in passenger pick-up times by 26 seconds in NSW
Following a capital management review we identified non-core assets to dispose of including our Riley Street premises and shares held in ComfortDelGro
Chief Executive Officer’s Report
The industries in which Cabcharge operates have always been competitive. We welcome competition because it broadens the scope and size of the personal transport services sector.
Chief Executive Officer’s Report
We aim to reward Customers with dependable and trusted service that delivers certainty and a frictionless and superior booking, journey and payment experience.
Opportunities for growth
- Passengers can depend on us to arrive on time and take them where they need to go
- We care about and fulfil our role within the transport ecosystem and wider community
- We listen to and value feedback from our Passengers, Customers, Drivers, Colleagues and all other stakeholders
- Customers can pay when booking
- We are investing in payment technology
- Fully integrated booking applications will support payments growth in pre-booked market
- We will link payments to telephone bookings in FY17
- Driver preferences are influencing in car payments
- Feedback from Drivers highlight their preference for timely receipt of cash and ease of terminal use
- Hand held terminal prototype developed with Pilot currently being tested in Sydney
- We will roll-out hand held terminals in Sydney and Melbourne in FY17
- Recent regulatory changes have removed constraints on growth
- Customers want certainty of service in peak periods
- Fleet can be demand responsive
- We will expand in the private hire segment in FY17